Monday, February 27, 2012

Goodbye Mac SE

The family has decided to do some house cleaning. Finally we started last night. We attached the closet in the guest bedroom. Threw out most of the stuff in there we do not use. I did my share by pitching an old Macintosh computer. Little Kat protested, thinking the thing was worth some money. I doubt it. He said he could keep it in his closet. Unfortunately Little Kat has his own old Mac which he never uses.

The Mac I disposed of was the Macintosh SE. It was made int he 1980s. I used one of them at my first job. About 10 or 15 years ago, I found out a guy was selling one. So me and my buddy went down to check it out. He had all the accessories for it. He also packed it in a custom carrying case. I shelled out about $100 for it. The carrying case itself cost more than that.

The Mac SE was an all-in-one computer. The monitor was built in. But it was a small 9 inch black and white monitor. I don't think this computer could go on the Internet. I liked it because there were some computer games I played in college that would only run on old Macs like this. I have not booted the machine up in over 5 years. It was time for it to go.

No comments: