Friday, February 24, 2012

Laundry Surprise

I did a load of laundry in the morning. One of the perks from working from home. In the afternoon I pushed to get another load done. I noticed the wash basin the washer empties into had some gunk on the bottom. So I poured some bleach into it. I figured the washer water would wash the bleach down the drain soon enough.

I went upstairs to do some more work. Then I smelled the bleach. I knew there would be some smell. But it was too strong. Something must have been wrong. I went downstairs and found the wash basin full of water. If the water got too high, I was going to shut off the washer. Eventually the thing drained very slowly.

When the water was finally gone, I looked down the drain. There was some stuff obstructing the water flow. I got the long screwdriver. Started scraping out some stuff from the drain. 25 to 50 percent of the drain was totally obstructed. Finally I pulled out a penny. The thing got stuck down there. Whew. Got to keep an eye on that drain. The thing runs fine, for now.

No comments: