Monday, June 11, 2012

Concrete Mix

I had my handyman take care of some of the details for my new shed. He went and got the permit fromt he county. That was a difficult task. Then he arranged to get my old shed and concrete pad removed. Finally he arranged to get a new large 12x20 foot pad poured. This "arranging" meant he had his concrete man come to do the job.

Now the concrete pad itself looks fine. However when the concrete team had left, my back yard looked like a construction side. There was trash here and there. Lots of concrete waste was all around the place. Things near the concrete mixer got splashed. The little grass we had in the back yard was messed up. You get the point.

I like the work my handyman does. So I will keep using him in the future. However his concrete man and team are fired for life. Now I have the task of cleaning up after these messy concrete boys. Today I took one pile of concrete mix they threw over the fence, and moved it down to the edge of my property. This was painful because the concrete was heavy. It did not help that the back of my property has a steep hill.

At least I put the excess material to good use. The stream had been eroding the dirt from the edge of my property. I will use the excess concrete mix to hold down the shore on my side of the steam. Wouldn't you know it? I just got some new work boots that are killing my feet when I wear them and break them in. Climbing up and down our back yard hill with a bunch of concrete has my feet in severe pain. And I am not done will all the concrete excess yet. Ouch.

No comments: