Friday, June 8, 2012

Internet Outage

Last week out Internet and cable went out. I figured it was due to the bad weather. Normally the cable company takes care of these outages automatically. No such luck this time. Momoko signed us up for som service. It tells us whether the cable company knows if we are down. They were clueless. I called them up in the middle of the night.

The dude on the phone was polite. He tried some things but could not see my cable modem. He asked me to call back in an hour. That made no sense. The cable and Internet had been out for a few days already. What good would one more hour do? He said his machine was having some technical diificulties. I called back the next morning.

This time around, I walked through the cable help menus on the phone. I waited to speak to an operator. The recording said they were not taking calls from my are. Oh hell no. I worked the menus to report an Internet outage. I got a human being. I explained that I was told to call back, so I was calling back. One again the guy tried to do some diagnostics. No dice. I scheduled a technician to come out to the house.

I woke up early the next day. Did not want to miss the technician phone call. If you do not answer the phone, they cancel your appointment. I answered on the first ring when they called. They guy was stuck in traffic, but was coming. I was fine. He was still on time. After poking around the outside of my house, he informed me that the cable signal was missing at the street.

Huh? I don't care what the cause is. I need my cable back. The technician told me he put in a call with maintenance. They would come in an hour. I waited for them to show up. The maintenance guy said some fuses had blown around the area, and he could fix it. He said I did not need to be home for him to do his work. I bolted to the office to get on with my work. Cable and Internet were uip when I got home. Finally.

No comments: