Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Library

Momoko and I moved our computer desks to our studys. That left an empty fireplace room. I hired some guys to move our loveseat up from the basement into this room. Without the desks, we had nowhere to put items such as the mail or keys. For a while we just used a TV tray.

Then Momoko and I bought some key ring holders at the store. The kids were afraid to install them over the light switch. They imagined that the screws would puncture an electric wire and zap them. Instead they installed these rings by the coat rack. Now we have plenty of spots to hang keys.

Next Momoko picked out a secretary desk to hold our mail. I ordered it online. Even with shipping, the price was reasonable. UPS delivered it to us quickly. I rolled the box in using the dolly. Momoko and Little Kat tried assembling the desk while I was at work.

The instructions for desk assembly were lacking. By the time I was done with work, Momoko and Little Kat were arguing over who had to hold the wood, and who needed to drill. I stepped in and helped a bit. That got the difficult folding part of the desk out of the way. Momoko and Little Kat continued the assembly as Little Kat cooked dinner in the background.

Now we have this desk to hold our mail. We put the phone on top of it. The fold out part folds up into the desk to hide its contents. It looks cool. Little Kat was amazed by the metal arms that hold the folding part into place.

No comments: