Thursday, June 28, 2012

Shopping in the AM

Kit Kat was off from work today. We took advantage of that and got some shopping done. Both Momoko and Little Kat set their alarms. Our goal was to wake up at 9:30am and be off shopping by 10:00am. We succeeded. The first stop was the hardware store to buy some paints for Kit Kat's room.

Kit Kat found a violet paint color for her room walls. It is a darker shade than her current color. She also picked out an apple green for the trim in her room. We brought the colors to the counter. I also brought along the color Little Kat had previously picked out for his room (Honeydew). We made some decisions on the type of paint and finish. I almost bought a few more cans to qualify for a rebate. But they did not have the mold-resistant white I needed at the store.

Next we went to an electronics store. I saw a 32-inch LED flat scree TV on sale. We needed Kit Kat along to tell us whether she thought it would fit in her room. Previously she said she wanted a small TV around 24 inches. Kit Kat decided she could live with a 32-inch TV. We could not find the specific model I wanted on display. But a sales clerk found us one that was comparable.

Another employee from the store came out and recognized Momoko. It was one of Momomoko's past students. She is in college now. I dealth with the original clerk, and had him pull the TV from their stock. I used a gift card I received to lower the price a bit. The TV fit fine in the back of Momoko's car.

Now we will see whether a similar sized 32-inch TV will fit in Little Kat's room. He is hoping the answer is yes. I also want him to check whether the TV can handle the high resolution and speed graphics that come out of the game consoles such as the XBox 360.

No comments: