Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Unsale

Little Kat has been complaining about needing new shoes. At first he stated that his shoes were falling apart. I had him bring me his shoes. They appeared brand new. I then had him bring over my boots. The laces had come apart and were tied together to try to hold the boot on your foot. The soles were literally hanging off unconnected to most of the boot. You get the picture. I showed Little Kat what a broke down shoe really looked like.

Next Little Kat complained that his shoes did not fit him. I had him bring all his shoes out. Two pairs of flips flops were too small for the soles of his feet. The rest of the shoes and boots seemed fine. I approved the purchase of some new flip flops. I don't mind buying clothing and shoes when we need them. But we can't purchase new stuff just because someone is bored with their current apparel.

The family went to Target to shop. Little Kat tried on a few styles. He found one that fit his foot and he liked. Momoko exclaimed that the prices were good and they were an extra 20% off. I told her the prices were not great. I asked if she wanted to buy the flip flops. She declined. At checkout I found the flip flops were full price.

On the drive home, Little Kat Momoko excalimed that the flip flops rang up half prices. I pulled the car over and inspected the receipt. Nope. They were full price. I had to put an end to the crazy talk. Besides. Little Kat is supposed to be at his dad's house. Dad should be getting him shoes during the summer.

No comments: