Wednesday, August 22, 2012

College Orientation

Kit Kat had her college orientation today. Momoko was busy at work. So I took the day off and accompanied Kit Kat. She chose the morning edition of the orientation. We had to get up really early. They provided breakfast. But it was weak. We were really early. I decided we should get some tasks done.

Kit Kat and I got our books, student ID, and parking permit. Then I wanted to go to financial aid. Kit Kat thought we did not have enough time. She was right. We went anyway. Kit Kat sorted out the business she needed done for her on campus job. Then we went to the orientation arena late.

We were diverted to the overflow room. Kit Kat would not participate in the ice breaker. I wanted her to talk with a stranger like they requested. I was glad one speaker mentioned a "yellow bag" all students should have. Kit Kat did not have one. I went and retrieved one for her.

We next broke out into majors. Kit Kat's session was very crowded. Kit Kat got the last desk in the room. I had to stand. We went to a few sessions Kit Kat had signed up for: paying for college and transferring to a 4 year university. At least Kit Kat talked to some new people in those sessions.

The last event we participated in was a campus tour. By then I was starved. Kit Kat and I bugged out of the last meeting for the day. We had to eat up in a diner she loves.

No comments: