Sunday, August 19, 2012

More Work for Slackers

Little Kat was on yard duty this weekend due to bad behavior. I told him he needed to trim the bushes in the front yard. Normally I have him put down newspaper to collect the clippings. Little Kat thought that was too difficult. He decided to pick up the clippings from the ground after cutting.

I had my own work to do in the yard. I checked up on Little Kat periodically. Every time I looked, he was slacking off. He would be singing or talking to himself. Or he would be playing with something he found on the ground. Fail. Of course he did not finish. One bush remained to be clipped. Many clippings were still in the mulch. Looks like Little Kat will have to do yard work next weekend as well.

My job was to fix the work table I previously built. It is too tall for Momoko. I decided to cut half of the table down, and rebuild it at a lower height. In the process, I also shored up the high side of the table. It was buckling in the middle. Water would collect and stay in the middle.

I added some braces under the table. Then I ran some long boards across under the middle of the table. I finished by putting some shims under the center of the high table to keep the middle high. I covered the place where the lower portion of the table shall go. That is a job for next week as well.

No comments: