Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mattress Delivery

Today I had a busy day at work. It was getting towards the end of the day. I had the task of calling up the mattress store to check whether Kit Kat's mattress had been delivered to the store. I was also supposed to find out when the store closed. I took care of my business.

When Kit Kat came home from her own long day at work, she said she had energy to go pick up her mattress. So we got in the truck. I made sure I emptied the back camper. I packed some strong string and scissors. I also made sure I had the receipt that showed I already paid for the bed.

Some other dude pulled into the parking lot before us with his own truck. He got helped first. There was some confusion over his order. So we were next. Luckily our's was an easy pickup. I signed for the mattress. Then the sales guy helped load it on top of my truck camper. Then the real fun began.

Kit Kat jumper into the back of the truck inside the camper. I fed strings down through the front opening in the camper. We tied two long strings criss cross over the top of the mattress. Then I tied one small string side to side in the back to anchor the third string. The third string went straight down the length of the truck.

I took it slow going home. There was a surprise when the back gate of my truck fell open as we were driving. This did not affect the matrees, as it was securely tied on top of the truck camper. I was worried that my string roll or scissors would fall out the back of the truck. I pulled into a local school and had Kit Kat slam the gate closed.

Currently Kit Kat and Little Kat are bring out the old and carrying up the new mattress. In the big scheme of things, this is a middle of the line mattress. However for Kit Kat, this is probably going to be the most luxurious mattress she ever owns. Heck. I might sleep a night on her bed.

1 comment:

mattress store pittsburgh said...

i have known a lot of mattress stores which offer a big discount and would guarantee you and won't let you down..Mattress Discounters specializes in premium beds sales, futons, daybeds and accessories with locations in Pittsburgh and the surrounding western Pa. marketplace.

mattress store pittsburgh