Friday, August 31, 2012

Traffic Alert

My company laptop is really old. It is time to get a new one. The big boss' assistant placed the order for me. The computer finally came in. But it is located across town. I have been busy at work. I scheduled a pickup of the computer for today.

I woke up this morning and heard that traffic was a mess on the highway. Some accident had only one of four lanes going through. Oh no. Luckily I had a meeting in the morning first. That meeting went way over time. The assistant sent me a message wondering where I was. I called her up and said my meeting was never ending. Finally I got out around lunch time.

I skipped lunch and went across town to get my computer. Never been to this specific office before. I had to MapQuest directions there. It was in a crowded section of town. All parking was paid parking. I called up the assistant and found they validate parking. Got my new computer and checked it out. All systems go.

They were a little troubled that I did not bring my old laptop with me. Hello? I need to transfer my files first. Luckily I found that I could just ship the old computer back to the office across town on the company's dime. That works for me. The drive home was tought because of the bad traffic. And that was just the middle of the day. Imagine rush hour.

No comments: