Friday, October 5, 2012

Pound the Alarm

I had to fight traffic across town coming home from work today. Little Kat beat me home. Kit Kat stayed late at school. Momoko went out with the girls at work for happy hour. I had to man the door for Little Kat's friend to arrive to spend the night. Also had to watch Little Kat and his friend when Momoko went out shopping.

I decided to watch some YouTube videos to pass the time. Saw a Nikki Minaj video. Then I saw an ad for her Pound the Alarm video. This video and song were well produced. The backdrop for the video is Port of Spain, Trinidad. That did not surprise me. Nikki is from Trinidad herself. The music is very catchy. Sounds like something one would blast at the club so everyone is motivated to dance.

I tried to decipher the rap from beginning of the song. Nikki mentions that she is in Ibiza. Not sure what that has to do with Trinidad. Maybe both places cater to parties and the night life. Nikki also raps about her own line of Giuseppe Zannotti's shoes. Those shoes go for $500 to $1000. I get it. She is saying she is rich.

The main theme of the video are the Carnival parades in Port of Spain. All the girls except Nikki are skinny and hot. There are dudes dressed up in weird costume. Everyone really seems very happy. Good editing I guess.

No comments: