Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Back to my Roots

Recently I have been going to a new place for lunch. It was recommended by a friend. They serve steamed rice, along with a couple entrees. Their food is simple. If you complete a quick survey, you get an additional entree for free. Each dish has a few ingredients. That's nice because it makes it simple for me to choose dishes where I like everything in the mix.

Recently Momoko bought me some lunch from my old favorite restaurant. They give you a lot of food for a good price. However they always seem to add vegetables that I don't like to their dishes. They also fried rice with their specials. They are a little funny. They want you to pay in cash, and assess an extra fee for credit cards.

When I did get a taste of the meal from my old favorite restaurant, I was taken back to the good old days. I recalled how I loved this place. Today I went back to my old hang out. And I recalled why I went there in the first place. There is a storm coming into the area. Most places have closed down to prepare. This restaurant was open for business. And that is how I discovered them initially. They are the only place open rain or shine. Natural disasters don't phase them. They remain open for business.

No comments: