Thursday, November 14, 2013

Food Drive


I was busy at work this morning. Did not get to lunch until late. A late lunch on my school days always messes up my schedule. Oh well. I was busy at work in the afternoon today too. Could not stop at quitting time. That is a problem since I need to go to school in the evening.

Finally I busted out of work. Only had a few minutes to grab a snack. I heated up some banana bread from my mom. It tasted good with butter on top. Then I remembered that my college was having a food drive this week. I printed out the flier and searched for the type of food they asked for.

I quickly found some pasta plus sauce. Then I grabbed a jar of peanut butter. Took a while, but I also located two boxes of mac-n-cheese. It was the good kind too. I wrapped it up in a bag, and placed the bag in my backpack. Then I drove off to school.

As soon as I turned onto the highway, I knew I was doomed. The cars were all backed up onto the onramp. My trip to school usually takes 20 minutes. Today it took over an hour. Sure enough, one of the lanes was closed due to an accident. I got to school late. Before class, I did spend a minute to locate the food drive dropoff. Priorities. Hope someone enjoys this premium mac-n-cheese.

No comments: