Saturday, November 9, 2013

Little Kat Surgery


Little Kat got his wisdom teeth extracted this week. Momoko took a day off to bring him to the dentist. She then got him his medicine, and stayed with him at home. Unfortunately she needed to return to work the next day. I volunteered to take a day off to watch Little Kat the day after the surgery.

The night before, some manager asked me to work on that day. I told him I had arranged to take the day off. Then on the day of my vacation, I got a call from my team leader. I reminded him I was off from work, and would talk with him when I returned. That's just how I roll. I don't work on holidays and vacation days.

I woke Little Kat up and got him some breakfast. All he wanted was a chocolate shake. I told him to come down from his bedroom. We watched the first espisode from season 1 of The Walking Dead. Now I understand some of the humor on the Internet related to that show. Later in the afternoon, I got us some Chinese food.

When Momoko came home, I was responsible for getting her dinner too. I was too tired to go out to eat. So I picked up some takeout from The Outback Steakhouse. Late at night, Little Kat complained about being hungry. We went to Arbys where they have a beef sandwich you can dip in some juice. Little Kat said it made the sandwich soft enough to eat.

I think Little Kat is on the road to recovery. He is talking about going to the movies with his friend in a few days.

No comments: