Monday, November 25, 2013

Subzero Work


Momoko and the kids woke up early on the weekend to go to the movies. I could not join them because I had too much work to do. Normally Momoko gets me some breakfast on the weekend. But it had to be cancelled because their movie started really early. They save Catching Fire at the good theater.

My main job was to pick up the leaves in the back yard. Wouldn't you know it? A severe cold front came into town. It was below freezing outside. Great. My gloves and ear protection are stored in the outdoor shed. They were freezing when I brought them out.

I decided to bring them into the house and place them on top of the heating system vents. Took about 30 minutes for them to warm up nicely. During that time, I did some work that did not require ear protection. It was still very cold handling the cols tools without gloves.

I thought I might sneak out in the middle of my yard work to get a bite to eat. Then I realized that would cause me to lose my momentum. Instead I let my hunger drive me on. It was cold outside. But I kept moving as I did my work. It took over three hours to get the work done.

Afterwards I bolted to Jerry's subs and pizza. Got myself a peperjack cheesesteak meal. I guzzled down some coke without any ice. The cheese on the steak was spicy. I added hot pepper paste to my fries. I went home to shower. Could not fall into a deep sleep. It was time for my weekly visit to see my sick mom...

No comments: