Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving Cook


Momoko wanted to purchase a premade Thanksgiving dinner this year. Kit Kat and I agreed. However Little Kat protested. He said we should cook our own meal. He volunteered to do all the cooking. Momoko said she would help out a bit. It was all on Little Kat.

I worked the day before Thanksgiving. So at the end of the night I went to sleep promptly. The kids stayed up with Momoko. They stayed up really late. Bad move. Little Kat was tired Thanksgiving morning. The boy was cranky. It showed when he went to cook the meal.

I knew we were in trouble when Momoko reminded Little Kat that the turkey preparation involved some flour. He said we were out of flour. That was just crazy talk. I tried to toast myself a bagel in the morning. I was diturbed to find cooking oil all over the kitchen floor.

Later Momoko inquired on how Little Kat's cooking of the corn was progressing. He said he did not know how to cook corn. More craziness. I think this is the last time we let Little Kat cook us a holiday dinner. Either that or an adult needs to police his bed time the night before. Surprisingly, the dinner turned out okay.

No comments: