Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Surprise

I slept in Christmas morning. I had worked Christmas Eve. And I have to work the day after Christmas. So I was taking it easy. After waking up, I took a nice hot shower. However the lights started flickering as I was showering. Then the power went out.

I did not hear any electrical storms in the area. Maybe somebody hit a power line with a car. I came downstairs to find that Momoko was in the middle of baking our Christmas apple pie. Luckily the oven will stay warm and hopefully finish the pie.

Now we have a change in plans. We were going to have an early Christmas dinner. But our electrical stove cannot cook anything without power. Luckily a couple local restaurants stay open for Christmas. Momoko reported the power outage to the power company. They say the will fix it in a couple hours. Doubtful.

Who knows? If the power stays off all day, we might have to go out and see a movie. We shall see how I feel. Tomorrow I go to work. I hope the power is working there.

No comments: