Thursday, December 11, 2014

He Did It

Yesterday Momoko took off from work. She went with Little Kat so he could take his driver's license test again. Last time he disobeyed the instructions of the tester. This time he succeeded. It is official. Little Kat is a licensed driver.

Momoko had previously bought Kit Kat a car. Momoko is still making the monthly payments on that thing. So I decided to let Little Kat drive my old Toyota (Scion xB). As soon as I heard Little Kat passed his test, I called my insurance company.

Bad news. My insurance will more than double if I put Little Kat on my policy. Oh well. The guy has to drive. I signed up for six months of full coverage. The only good news is that Little Kat is now authorized and insured to drive any of my vehicles. That insludes my truck and my new Nissan.

Today Little Kat took the car to school. He tried to apply for a parking pass at his school. However they need money, parent signatures, and a justification to assign one of their precious few spaces. After having gone through the trouble and money of getting Little Kat licensed, we will be getting one of those spaces.

Little Kat told me he has some problems with my Scion xB. It does not accelerate well into traffic. He also said he would prefer to have a sedan to hide stuff in the trunk. Sounds legit. We will have to start the long process of looking for a replacement car. If we can buy a used one, it should not cost that much more as the Scion has held its value. But we might go new for reliability reasons...

No comments: