Thursday, January 22, 2015

Extra Baggage

I have been going into my customer's office every day this month. At first I was only supposed go to the first month of January. However my boss had his security clearance expire. He could not work on the project until he got recertified. Then his computer broke. I got to do his job. That means I need to report to the customer location all month. Yay.

I lug around my work computer. They did give me a nice carrying bag. It protects the computer and makes it a little easier to carry. The thing is still heavy. I have had this bag for about six years. Just today I noticed a secret compartment in it. I wondered what, if anything I would find in there. Turns out there were some computer cables and a strange external device.

At home, I googled the product number of the device. The thing is a 3.5 inch external floppy disk drive. Does anybody use those any more? I must have been carrying this thing around for six years, not even knowing it was in there. Today I stick the extra baggage in the closet. I can't imagine needing it on the road. I had better check my bag for other goodies hiding in there.

No comments: