Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snow Day

I woke up early today. I was supposed to report to my company's main office across town. Unfortunately it snowed last night. Momoko and Little Kat were off from school. I decided to work from home instead. The goal of going in was to meet some people on my new team. Yesterday they stayed home because of weather. It is worse today, so I stayed home too.

Momoko and Little Kat got out early and shoveled our driveway. Luckily I don't think the snow was too deep. Kit Kat declined to help, since her college was open today. I started work around my normal time. It was nice to wake up and head downstairs to do my work. I dislike the commute to the office now that telecommuting is an option.

I had to work through my normal lunch break. That's okay. Afterwards I went out and bought five bags of rock salt. There is one store that always has a supply. I think that is because they charge more. They had a bunch of ice melt alternatives for more money. I prefer the cheaper (and better) American rock salt.

Since I skipped lunch, there was still some time to do more errands at lunch. There was some mold on the ceiling in Momoko's and my bedroom. I went into the attic to investigate what was going on. It was very cramped up there. Plus there is no floor. I need to step on the rafter beams. It was truly difficult to navigate. I could not get anywhere near the location above the mold in our room. The roof slanted too sharply. Oh well. I bleached out bedroom ceiling and moved on.

No comments: