Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Back To School Night

Tonight once again was Little Kat's back to school night. They did not do a good job promoting it. I had to look up the time online. But I did know about it beforehand. So I scheduled to leave early from work. Little Kat and I went to Arbys with some coupons in tow. I got my standard chicken strips. Little Kat tried the new Loaded Italian sub.

Dinner went by quickly. We had some time to spare. Therefore we went to the pet store to pick up gerbil supplies. Then we drove to school. Little Kat and I talked for a while in the student parking lot. Discussed things like college.

We headed to the Media Room. Parents of seniors were supposed to report there. Someone I did not know waved to Little Kat. I think she might have been a counselor. We found out the senior class trip is a cruise to the Bahamas. Unfortunately the cost is very high. We also found out that Little Kat was supposed to have a job already by the start of school for work study. Oops. Maybe sending him on vacation this summer was the wrong choice.

Little Kat does not have school every day during fourth period. He is supposed to go work for work study. During this break in back to school, Little Kat and I went searching for his friends. He saw some girl he know from a prior year's International Cuisine class. She was at a Bible study group table signing up new students. She seemed very happy to see Little Kat. I made a note.

Then I dragged Little Kat away to the cafeteria. I was so thirsty. Dinner was salty. Little Kat was dehydrated too. He did not order a drink for dinner. I bought us two 20-ounce Powerades from the vending machine. They were expensive, but oh so good. After we saw all of Little Kat's teachers, we go to leave early since Little Kat does not have class on his "B" days fourth period. Good thing too. The parking lots were crazy crowded.

All right Little Kat. Time to find a job or get kicked out of the work study program.

No comments: