Monday, September 7, 2015

Truck Trouble

Little Kat planned to visit Kit Kat at her dorm. Before that, we needed to practice his manual transmission driving skills. This time I had him take my truck out on the road. We only stayed in our subdivision. Still, it was a bit of a challenge.

We have some stop signs which leave your car on an include. Little Kat kept stalling on them. Luckily nobody was behind us. Then at one stop sign, I heard a bad noise from the truck. Little Kat had the truck in second gear. Then he depressed the clutch and put the shifter into second.

The truck sounded like the clutch did not disengage correctly. Not good. After that, I took the wheel and showed Little Kat how to get going on an incline when stopped at a stop sign. I drove back home to switch positions with Little Kat. As I was backing the truck into our driveway, the thing stopped moving. What?

Seems the clutch no longer works on the truck. We got Momoko out to help steer the truck. Little Kat and I tried to push the truck up into our driveway. We could not push it all the way to the back. The include in too sharp. So I got Little Kat's car and pushed the truck up. Tomorrow I might try to get it towed to my mechanic to see if it can be repaired.

No comments: