Friday, September 4, 2015

The Money Chop

The last tine I saw my college buddy, we went to PF Chang's for dinner. He spotted the Chop House across the street. I told him we could go eat at the Chop House another time. Well I saw him again tonight for dinner. We went straight to the Chop House.

I parked at a garage around the corner. Then we went in. Had to climb a set of stairs to get to the dining room. We inquired about a booth for two. Unfortunately their entire dining room had been reserved already. We went over and found a seat in the lounge.

There were some appetizers in the menu. There were also some drinks. But no good meals. I asked if there was a full menu. There was. They brought up some tablet (like mini-iPads) that showed the full menu. My buddy commented that the steaks would clean him out of all his cash. They were expensive.

I inquired whether the steaks came with any sides. Nope.They were a la cart and very expensive. I figured it was the Chop House. So I had to try the steaks. I also ordered some sides (which were also pricey). These guys even charge extra for bread. The steak was a quality cut of meat. But the seasoning was nothing special.

We might return some day when we have more cash in our pockets. But I plan to call ahead to reserve some seating. I would rather pay half the price for more decent food at something like the Outback Steak House. I joked with my friend that we should really go to Steak and Shake next time to save money.

No comments: