Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Shorts Bargains

I have been trying to go shorts shopping with Little Kat for a while. We made it happen yesterday afternoon. Traffic was heavy after work. The light at the first major intersection was out. It should have been easy to navigate since Little Kat was making a right turn. I had to tell him to step on the gas to accelerate in the on ramp.


We arrived at the mall a half hour later. Little Kat parked close to the men's clothing entrance of JC Penny. They seemed to be having some sort of father's day sale. The checkout lines were not too long. We made a direct line towards the big and tall section.


I asked Little Kat if he wanted to try on some Addidas shorts. He said he was boycotting the company. He tried on some Nike and Foundry shorts instead. I thought he might need a 2XL size. ?He said the 1XL fit fine. Little Kat grabbed three from the Foundy, and we proceeded to check out.


I came with two coupons. So I gave Little Kat one of the shorts and some cash to pay with it. I took the other two shorts. The MSRP of the shorts was something ridiculous like $50 a pair. With my coupon, I got them for $15 per pair. The real steal came when Little Kat said he only had to pay $5 for his. Must have been some sort of bank error in our favor.


We hurried home for some cheese nachos for dinner.

No comments: