Friday, June 3, 2016

Little Kat Graduates

Had to wake up extra early. Little Kat's graduation commencement was an early one. Kit Kat had spent the night at her dad's hotel to drive him to the ceremony. I had to drive some of Momoko's family. My brother took the day off work to celebrate.


Momoko found out traffic was bad on the highways. So we took the back roads. Momoko parked in handicap parking. We found a lot to park in as well. It was empty, but the sign said it was for the ceremony. We walked up a steep hill to meet Momoko at the entrance she was near.


We decided to walk in and get the closest seats to the entrance. They were high up in the air. We could see Kit Kat across the massive auditorium. I saw banners from prior basketball stars at the college. Little Kat was on the big screen as he walked to the great hall.


Some family came and sat right next to me. They had a small kid that was flailing around. We are all the way up in the cheap seats alone, and someone sits directly next to me? A member of the board of education gave a short commencement speech. A classmate of Little Kat that survived cancer was chosen to share her story as well.


Little Kat sent us a selfie. We were amazed at how many students were graduating too. So many rows of students. I heard Little Kat's last name. But it was not him. The recipients were a bit out of alphabetical order. It was easy to see Little Kat because he was so tall.


Afterwards we all met at the house, then went to the Grande Buffet. There were tour buses full of other folks at the buffet. We charged on and got a big table to sit at. I had printed out some coupons for discount buffet it we buy a drink. Little Kat had his sushi and a strange flavored mousse.


I needed to go to my doctor. So I missed the opening of Little Kat's gifts. I gave him some shot glasses that looked like bullets. Also gave him a pistol crossbow. Afterwards, Little Kat and Kit Kat left the house to spend a couple days with their dad while he was in town.

No comments: