Thursday, June 2, 2016

Up Early for Serviceman

I had to wake up really early today. Had an appoint for a final inspection on our gas oven install. The inspector could show up any time, as early as 7:30am. I also had arranged for a technician to come out to figure out why our air conditioning was not working. He was scheduled to come out in the afternoon.


Watched Pawn Stars on cable while waiting for the guys to arrive. The A/C guy called up and asked if he could come by early. I said come on. He diagnosed the problem from the outdoor unit. It had blown some fuses. While he was here, he also topped off my Freon.


The A/C guy said my unit was 22 years old. He said the normal life expectancy for such units is 15 years. Going to be time to replace that bad boy soon. Estimated cost starts at $4000. I was just happy that the A/C was working again in our house. Had not got a good night sleep for a few days due to the heat.


The inspector for our oven came later in the morning. Everything was good and we passed. After he left, I mailed a check to my handyman for the gas line and stove install. Now I need to get our master bedroom window unit replaced. It is just not cooling our room that well any more. Already purchased a window unit with 50% more BTU.

No comments: