Saturday, October 22, 2022

A/C and Heat War

Kit Kit and Little Kat went to the Renaissance Festival today. It was the last weekend of the season. Tickets from earlier weeks had sold out early. Momoko went downstairs to wash our bedroom sheet. She thought she heard a noise like Little Kat's portable air conditioner on. She checked his closet and deemed it off. Good thing because we have had the central heating on for a while.

I then went downstairs later to do my own laundry. In the laundry room, I heat air flowing through the A/C exhaust duct. I went into Little Kat's closet. I moved his hanging clothes out of the way. He air conditioner was on. WTF? I told Momoko to call Little Kat. He was done with the Renaissance Festival. But he was eating dinner.

Later we had an emergency family meeting to find out what happened. Momoko turned the whole house central heat on. She texted Little Kat to have him turn off his A/C. He never did it. Last month the electric and gas utility bill was over $500. I cannot afford the A/C and heat to be on at the same time. We had to put in place some procedures to make sure this never happens again. If it down, perpetrators will start paying the electric bill.

No comments: