Thursday, October 27, 2022

Dinner and a Movie

Today I planned to go to dinner and movie with Momoko's niece. I had her pick me up in her Volvo. She drove us down to the theater. A parking lot attendant asked us why we were entering the parking lot. We said the movies. They let us in. The niece bought some popcorn, toppings, and a drink. We were the only two people in the theater with our movie.

We saw Smile. This was a horror film. It was the compromise me and the niece arrived at. After the movie, we picked up a huge bag of popcorn for Momoko's dad. Then we tried to drive to the niece's favorite restaurant. She swung around the block a couple time near the restaurant. She could not find any parking. I told her we should have just walked from the theater. We returned to the theater parking lot. However there was no parking left.

We found a paid parking lot. We tested the exit. They actually were not collecting any payment. So we got out and headed towards the restaurant. The niece wanted to rent Zip scooters to ride to the restaurant. I thought that was a bad idea since we did not know where we were going. I was right. We had to climb some stairs. We had to navigate narrow walkways above the canal. Zip biking would not have worked out well.

It turned out that the restaurant was closed. However it was a chain restaurant. So the niece drove us to another one of its locations. The place seemed deserted. I told her we came all this way. So we should go check what was up. They were indeed open with only one other customer. I ordered spicy shrimp and prosciutto. It was delicious. I also had a side Caesar salad. The niece drew on the paper tablecloth with crayons the waitress provided. The niece was tickled that she was able to pay her bill on her phone. I opted for credit card payment the old fashioned way.

No comments: