Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Calculus Prerequisite

My next data science course at college requires Calculus as a prerequisite. I took Calculus way back in high school. The college said they needed proof of that. I actually took and aced the AP Calculus exam. I contacted the college board. They could not electronically transfer my exam results as it had been a long time since high school. So I requested they pull my results from archive and forward them to my school.

I called up my school once I got the exam results. The college said they received my exam results, and assured me that I had met that prerequisite. I clarified with them that I could now sign up for the class on my own online. They concurred. Since my company no longer provides advances for college classes, I waited until the day before the course started. And then, I found I could not enroll.

Today I called up the college. Told them I could not enroll in the class. They said it was because the class already started. I told them I tried before class start, and it still did not work. I also told the rep that my Calculus prerequisite was being met by my high school math course. They tried to enroll me and ran into the same error. Luckily, they were able to override this restriction. And now I am enrolled in class.

No comments: