Sunday, October 2, 2022

Taking a Trip to Hadestown

The Broadway musical "Hadestown" is taking its show on the road. I am on vacation end the end of this month. So I planned to go see this musical with Momoko's niece. Initially I thought we could get some box seats for a good price. However it took a while to confirm the niece's availability. During that time, the box seats more than doubled in price.

Okay. I guess we could get some tickets in the middle of the floor. The views seem okay from there. I went to the web site and tried to purchase the tickets. The only option of receiving the tickets was through mobile. LOL wut? They want you to download the tickets to you cell phone. No paper tickets seem available.

I did not want to miss out on this musical. Some people rave about, calling it the best thing to come out of Broadway in the last 5 years. The promoter of the show say, "Welcome to HADESTOWN, where a song can change your fate." Man. I am sold. I bit the bullet and purchased the tickets. I could not find anything called passport on my phone. I did find my wallet. And by hook or by crook, I added my digital tickets to my wallet.

Now I need to get over to my niece's, and do a dry run to find out where this theater is. Seems to be downtown. The details on parking seem a bit vague. There does seem to be some free parking available. And there is a lot of pair parking by third parties. On a positive note, if we do swing by, there is a city art museum right across the street.

No comments: