Sunday, October 30, 2022

Flat Tire Failure

I had planned to run some errands with Momoko's brother-in-law. But first I needed some lunch. So I headed out to get some Mexican food. I heard a weird sound as I drove the car out of Momoko's dad's driveway. I immediately turned around and pulled back into the driveway. There was a severe flat tire on the passenger rear side.

I came inside to look for some tire stores. Momoko's dad said we could go to his local Sam's Club store. He called them up and they were open. I used his air compressor to fill up the tire to 30psi. Then I followed him to Sam's. They were not busy. We had to go inside the store to officially request assistance. They immediately took the car in the bay as we waited outside. We had a good feeling when they put the tire back on the rim and checked the air pressure.

Inside, I asked the guy what he found. There had been a screw in the tire that they removed and patched. I did not need to get a new tire. There was no charge for the check and patch job. I guess it is built into the Sam's Club membership. Got lucky this time. I then picked up Momoko's brother-in-law. We got some PowerBall lottery tickets. Then I drove to Momoko's car wash. The brother-in-law did the cleaning of my car. I then got my Mexican food on the way home: burritos, chips, and queso.

No comments: