Friday, April 10, 2009

Faulty Alarm

It was the last night of our vacation. We had a big celebration at the local Golden Corral restaurant. They grilled me up a delicious steak there. Little Kat mad an evil creation for dessert. I got clam chowder by mistake (the labels were not clear). Our bus boy worked extra hard for a big tip.

Since we needed to check out early the next morning, I had Mamma Kat set the alarm. She needed to get up in the middle of the night, and in the early morning. Around 4:15am I heard a faint sound. It was the alarm. But it was so quiet that Mamma Kat slept through it.

I woke up Mamma Kat. She took care of some business, then went back to bed. I was worried we would oversleep. So I decided to stay up. It was hard. At 8:00am the whole family got up. I kept falling asleep on the way home. We saw what looked to be a dangerous truck on the road. It was hauling old tires. But they were piled high to the sky. We made it home in good time. Our vacation is just about over.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

I thought sleeping in was your thing?