Monday, June 22, 2009

Bringing Spice Into Your Life

I had an intensive day of classes.  I left my hotel room at 6:55 am and returned around 7:55 pm.  It may be an intensive schedule but I am learning a lot and having fun.  In one session today we learned about smell and taste from the from the good people at McCormick.  We got to do a lot of taste testing to learn about things that are sweet, sour, bitter, salty, or umami.  Yes, I learned about "umami" a fifth type of taste.  We also learned about vanilla and cinnamon.  It was interesting finding out about where it comes from and how it is processed.  Tomorrow I go on a field trip to a popular potato chip company and to a vineyard to do some wine tasting.  I hope we gets lots of samples!  

1 comment:

Black Cat said...

They get all the goodies up North. We are going to visit Momoko tomorrow. Yee haw.