Friday, June 5, 2009

The Cotillion Court

A close friend from work has a daughter that just graduated from high school. For her 18th birthday, they held a big bash. Mamma Kat and I were invited. The invitation said formal attire was required. I asked if I had to rent a tuxedo. I found out a suit was fine.

It was tough to get out of work today. When I got home I took a nap. Then Mamma Kat and I got hooked on some anime. Mamma Kat locked herself in our bedroom to get ready. It came time to leave. But I had not gotten ready yet. So I banged on the door. Seems Mamma Kat was just chilling in there.

I grabbed my best white shirt and proceeded to iron it. Then it took some time to get into my suit. We took off in the rain to get to the part place. As we arrived, they were serving salad. This was indeed a formal affair. It felt like a wedding ceremony. There was a huge slide show after dinner was served. Mamma Kat kept making me go to the bar to pick us up some drinks. No, I did not choose any alcohol. We snuck out after the official program of the night had ended. Whew. Let's hope Kit Kat does not need anything like this when she graduates.

No comments: