Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Little Patrol Man


Today I went to pick up Little Kat from school. Momoko could not drive him home due to her college class. I used to wait for Little Kat in front of the gym. Now I just arrive a bit later and meet him by his patrol post.
At first I was a bit unimpressed. Little Kat seemed to just stand there with his paws in his pocket. I don't know if he was bored or just uncomfortable. In my mind I wondered if Little Kat had turned out to be some wimpy hall monitor or something.
Then I saw Little Kat go into action. It was quite impressive. He did not need to say anything to anybody. He moved the traffic of kids using just some hand motions. For example, another cat was fooling around the wrong bus. Little Kat gave him a hand motion to come over, then he pointed for the cat to get back in line with the rest of the kids.
At other times cats would try to go to the wrong side of the traffic, attempting to walk in the wrong direction. Little Kat would put one paw out to halt then, and another to point them in the right direction. Another time a cat tried to go out the wrong door. Little Kat gave him the evil eye and twitched his head in the direction of the correct door to exit.
I am not sure where Little Kat got all this authority. Perhaps it was because his boss (the gym teacher) was standing 10 yards behind him. All it would take is for Little Kat to alert the boss. Nobody wants to mess with the gym teacher. Or maybe it was that neon patrol belt around empowering him. I do know that Little Kat was directing traffic like a Little Man, not a mini mouse.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Sounds like little is doing a great job!