Saturday, June 20, 2015

Failure Again

I had to visit the customer site this morning. However I only stayed for an hour or two. I returned home to finish up the work day. The phone rang. It was Little Kat's English teacher. I could not hear her well because there was static on the line. I called her back from my cell phone.

Apparently Little Kat had a 48% in her class. He was missing a lot of work. She had provided him the work. Little Kat had some arrangement to turn in the work late. But he had not done so yet. The semester is at an end, and the teacher wanted to close out the grades. She did not Little Kat to have such a low score.

Little Kat stayed home from school today. He was "ill." Yeah. I woke him up and got a status. He had five assignments, one project, and one test to do. He had completed any of it. I put him to work. By dinner I checked up him. He finished the project and an assignment. Not good enough. Dinner had to be postponed.

This guy is slacking big time. Why am I the one who has to step in and work him to prop up his grades? Sounds like we might need to cut out some games and movies. Time to hit the books maybe? I don't care if summer is starting.

No comments: