Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Story of Splatoon

Little Kat asked me to pre-order a Wii-U game called Splatoon. The game seemed good. But I don't believe in paying for products that might come out in the future. So I waited until it was available. On the first day out, the game was going for $60 on Amazon.

Now that is just the price that new games cost. I researched the game and found that it is not a multi-player game. Not in the sense that the whole family could play with one Wii-U. You can go online and play multi-player. But that is one family member against a bunch of strangers. No fun. Not fun enough for me to buy.

Little Kat decided he really wanted the game. So he pitched me an offer. He would use his gift card to pay for some of the game. And then he and I would split the difference. Sounded good to me. Turns out Little Kat bought the game from Game Stop (where he had a gift card). It should arrive soon.

Good deal Little Kat. That's the way to negotiate your way into game acquisition.

No comments: