Monday, June 8, 2015

Going Shopping

My company laptop was having problems. Our help desk could not fix the problem over the phone. They told me to go into the office. I was busy last week. This morning I found some time to go into the office. The IT guy there told me to leave my laptop with him for an hour. I had some time on my hands.

I decided to go visit a gun shop that was close to my office. Had a tough time finding the place. I got close using the GPS. But it was in a strip mall that was hard to get to from the road. Inside, I found that in our state you need to get a license to buy a gun. Oh boy.

Seems I need to do some certified training and get my fingerprints taken. Then I can apply for the license. The gun store had the Ruger SP101 that I was thinking about buying. The 22 caliber version of this guns holds eight bullets at once. I like the sounds og that. I felt the gun. It had a good weight to it. The handle looked with with a combo of lwood and rubber.

I tried holding a Smith and Wesson. It felt too light for my likes. It also looked cheap with a full rubber handle. It was also more expensive than the Ruger. It feels like Ruger is the way for me to go initially. Once I bought my first gun, I will be able to get some weapons that can stop the bad guys. This first one is just to go through the process of getting a gun, and using it for target practice.

No comments: