Monday, April 11, 2016

Desk Shopping

Little Kat decided he needed a change in his bedroom. He asked if he could have a new desk and dresser. I did not see why not. We would need to go to stores to touch and feel the dresser operations. However he thought he could research desks online.


Little Kat went through a few iterations of ideas for his desk. He settled on a black desk from IKEA. I looked it up online. It said they had it at our local store. We scheduled to go after work today. I waited for my bro to come home with his truck. Then Little Kat and I headed out.


Traffic was bad close to the store. Rush hour I guess. The parking lot of IKEA was not full as usual. Good sign. We snuck in the back way to avoid the maze of their showroom. I printed off the aisle and bin numbers where the desk was in their warehouse.


We found the desk quickly. Got a cart and loaded the thing up. It came in two boxes. Checkout lines were short. The guy in our line turned off his light. I asked if he was closed. I asked again. He apparently said he could check us out. He just did not look at us or speak loud enough.


Little Kat and I loaded the boxes onto the truck. We drove home in record time. Even made it before dinner was served. We carried the boxes up to Little Kat's room. Next up - dresser shopping.

No comments: