Friday, April 8, 2016

Fender Bender

I had a meeting in our office building on the other side of town. So I left a little early in the morning. The highway was a parking lot. Took a while to get to the next exit. I turned around and came back up by my home. Had to take the back roads.


Turns out some truck was blocking the back road I wanted to take. Plus traffic was bad there in general too. I got to my meeting 10 minutes late. Later I saw an email from the meeting organizer saying traffic was bad. Hah.


On the way home, I had a lot of things on my mind. I used the GPS to plot my course home. Was getting close to a highway. Stopped at a red light behind a Lexus RX. I could have sworn the Lexus did a right turn on red. So I watched the traffic, saw a spot open, and tried to make a left turn on red myself.


As I hit the gas, I saw the Lexus still in front of me! I hit the car. Oops. The lady in front of me got out and surveyed the damage. She thought the scrapes on her bumper could be buffed out. If case it did not, she got my insurance info. Lesson learned. Keep your mind on driving when you are in the car,

No comments: