Saturday, April 23, 2016

Time for a New Grill

A while back, Little Kat said he wanted us to transition to a gas grill. We bought him a single burner gas grill. It was just a started grill. He liked cooking with it. So we upgraded to a bigger grill with four or give burners. I got it at Walmart.


The Walmart grill had quality problems. The front doors would not stay shut. I had to call up the manufacturer because the grates broke. After two years, the thing had rusted through so that you could not use it to cook.


I consulted Little Kat. He still wanted to grill. So I found some better quality grills. Little Kat said he wanted a lot of burners. But he also wanted a "side searing" option for meats like steak. I found a few that met this need. They had one of Nexgrill models at the local Home Deport.


Little Kat and I borrowed my brother's truck. We went to Home Deport. Found the grill really quick. Got a guy to help us. He had to pull the box from the top of the shelf using a fork lift. The grill cost twice as much as the Walmart variety. I hope it lasts twice as long.


We did have a positive surprise with this grill. It has a rotisserie you could plug in to make the meats turn over the flame automatically. I am planning for Little Kat to give the thing a test run this week.

No comments: