Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sick Day


Well, yesterday was quite a busy day for the kat klan. It all started innocently enough. I had to leave work a little early so that I could pick up Kit from school and take her to a doctor's appointment. On my way to pick her up, Junior, our family kat kar, got sick. His check engine light went on. I had to decide what to do. I was only a block or two from Kit's school and Junior was not dead, so I drove the rest of the way. I checked Junior's instruction booklet, wouldn't it be nice if kittens came with this feature, and it seemed the problem could be as simple as not tightening the gas cap tight enough or something more serious, but Kit's appointment was only a few blocks away so I decided to chance it and drive to the doctor's office. I had to schedule this appointment 6 months in advance. We made it safely but I rely a lot of Junior so I had to make sure he was ok. I did not want to risk making him sicker so I called the kar doctor and he suggested a good ambulance service to use. I arranged for a pickup but I was told it would take 90 minutes before they could get to me and the kittens. By now, it was a time issue because the kar doctor would be closing soon and without Junior, the kittens and I would be stranded across town with no way to get home...sniff sniff. So I did what any stranded kat would do, I called Black. He was a hero, as usual, he arranged for a ride to pick us up so we made it home safely. Junior made it to the kar doctor and I decided to stay home today to wait for the results of what is wrong. I hope he is feeling better because I have class this evening!

3 comments:

Grand Kat said...

I hope Juniors Dr's visit did not cost a paw and a paw and you made it to school on time.

Momoko said...

Everything worked out fine!

Black Cat said...

Come on Junior. Don't fail on us now. We need you to last for Little Kat's driving.