Monday, May 11, 2009

Washing Machine Blues

This weekend I worked with Little Kat to see if bleach could get the black out of my clothes. Recall that a crayon left in the dryer made my clothes have spots. Well Little Kat could not wash out the stains. And neither could the bleach.

Here's where I ran into even more trauma. After putting the bleach in my whites, and letting them set, I ran the load of whites in the washing machine. My clothes did not clean. I'm not talking about the black stains. I mean there was dirt on the clothes after washing. A rewash did not help.

Today after work Mamma Kat talked me into going shopping for a new washing machine. I like the Home Depot. At first we thought we might try one of these newer front load washers. However we found a standard top load washer that was huge. We had a lot of questions about the machine.

Mamma Kat got mad because we could not get anybody to help us in the appliances section. When the "appliance guy" came, he confessed he was actually from kitchens, and did not know much about appliances. Neither did anybody else. My plan is to return tomorrow to see if we can find an appliance salesman in the store. Otherwise its off to Lowes or Sears.

2 comments:

Grand Kat said...

I am sad to hear about your washing machine blues, everyone says the front loaded ones are great but my cheap nothing but wash machine will have to do for a while. Still hoping on that lottery win. Glad I am not holding my breath.

Black Cat said...

The delivery guys are coming tomorrow. Come on new machine.