Monday, August 30, 2010

Case of the Lost Coin

I go to lunch each day with a guy from my old team at work. Today he said he had a meeting with the boss right before lunch. That was ok. We could wait for him. Then I got the bad news. He was stuck indefinitely in the meeting. He told me to go without him.

There was another guy from my previous company that I eat lunch frequently with. We got some delicious Chinese. They were very generous with the fried wonton served with the hot soup. That is some good cooking. I had the Sha Sha Chicken for my entree.

As we were paying our bill and preparing to leave, my buddy thought he dropped something under the table. We both looked, but did not see anything on the floor. When we got the car, my buddy said he knew what he lost. He ran back into the restaurant. When he returned, he showed me his lucky coin. It was a gift from his sister in law's sister, who works as a nun in the Vatican. This was an Italian coin blessed by the pope. Good thing we did not leave without it.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

That is a real good luck coin.