Thursday, August 12, 2010

Trash Patrol

This week I noticed some trash out on our street. Looked like it was the container for some ice cream discarded along with its top. Not sure how it got there. Perhaps the trash man left it behind. Or some slacker was littering.

The trash was not close to our house so I ignored it. Figured the peeps who were close to the trash would pick it up. I was wrong. The thing stayed there during the week.

Last night I took our house trash to the trash can because today we put out the cans for the trash man. Momoko cleaned out the fridge and loaded up the trash can again.

I had to take out one last load. I decided to clean the trash in the street. Put a latex glove on and walked around picking up trash. The neighbors across the street moved out. So I picked up some trash from their yard as well. You have to have pride in your neighborhood. Otherwise it will go down hill.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Pat, pat, job well done,