Friday, August 20, 2010

Slow Computer

I came home from meeting a friend for dinner. Little Kat told me that we had a problem. He was planning to go to his same old school with Momoko next week. However he got a letter in the mail from the county stating that he had to go to another school.

Momoko is going to work this problem. In the mean time, Little Kat wanted to review information on his "new" school. He went to his computer and started complaining. His computer was too slow.

I asked Little Kat if he knew why it was so slow. He said it was due to (1) the computer was old, and (2) there were too many files on it. Logically this did not sound correct. I have an even older computer with much more files than Little Kat. And my computer is probably the fastest one in the house.

So I sat down with Little Kat to google the top 10 web pages for making a slow computer fast. One page listed 99 ideas on how to make a computer faster. I took a lot of notes. Little Kat started getting apprehensive. He said he liked his computer just the way it was. He did not want to make the changes recommended by these web pages. That did not seem acceptable. He was whining all evening about his slow computer. It is time to get that PC zippy.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

I know the feeling with a slow computer, my lap top has the same problem. I had to do all that scan disk and dump the cookie thing, it didn't help to much. I just need a new one but I will have to use this one for a while.