Friday, April 29, 2011

Beep Beep

I woke up one morning to a beeping sound in the bedroom. I had not set the alarm the previously night. So I went over and thought maybe the phone was out of batteries. I pulled the phone cord out of the wall. Then I heard the beeping again.

I decided to turn off the air conditioning to eliminate the noise in the room. What is this? The A/C would not turn off. In fact, none of the control on the front panel of the window air conditioner were working. And somehow the temperature on the A/C was set to 60 degrees. Now that's cold even for Momoko's tastes.

I finally came up with an idea of what was happening. Some mysterious force was telling the A/C to lower its temperature. If the A/C is set to the lowest temp (60 degrees), then it beeps if you try to lower the temperature. I tell you. We had problem with this A/C from the beginning. The remote control stopped working in the first month. Since then it at least cooled the room.

I wish it were simple to just replace the A/C unit. But I had the handy man cut a whole in the wall and install it there instead of in a window. So I have ordered another A/C from a more reputable brand. Let's hope the handy man can replace it with this defective one without costing us too much more $$$. For now we are sleeping with the 60 degrees setting.

No comments: