Monday, April 18, 2011

Freezing on the Beach

Today was the first full day of vacation. We slept in. Then we had some breakfast at Denny's. The plan was to sit out on the beach after breakfast.

Momoko decided instead for us to drive down to the boardwalk. Little Kat discovered the biggest tire in the world. It was part of Ripley's Believe it or Not. Momoko bought us some lemonade. Little Kat tried to talk us into renting a four-person bicycle. He failed.

When we got back, I called the front desk and asked us for some housekeeping to clean out room. We went out to a cold beach. It got colder when the clouds came. Momoko decided we should go to lunch. I dropped by the front desk and asked when our room would be cleaned. The guy st the desk said I had just called him, and to give it some time. Fail.

We drove up and down the strip, tring to find a new place to eat. I wanted some subs. Most of the sub shops were actually liquor stores. Others were closed or empty. We finally settled on an ice cream and sub shop. It hit the spot.

After returning to the hotel a few hours later, I found that housekeeping had still not taken care of our room. I found the dude at the front desk who I spoked to before. He made some calls. I asked him when exactly the housekeeping would be in our room. He told me 5 minutes. Finally we got some service. No tip for these slackers. I don't know who to blame first - the housekeeping or the front desk.

No comments: