Friday, April 1, 2011

Firewood Friday

I saw an ad in the paper for oak firewood. Momoko has been trying to get me to buy some for a long time. We need heat when the power goes off. I called up the cat. He said he did not have any right now. But he would get some by April 1st.

Sure enough I got a call from the cat saying he can deliver today. I worked from home today. That is always a bad time. The office keeps calling my home phone like crazy. The calls never stop. Firewood cat was a bit a late. But he came.

They had a big box truck. It could not back into our driveway because they weight of the wood made it too low. The delivery cat rolled the logs into our container using his wheel barrel. Later he knocked on the door saying that our firewood holder was filled up, but there was more wood.

I created a makeshift riser to keep the firewood off the ground. So the rest of the wood got delivered to this riser on our back patio. Now I need to find a way to cover this wood in the back so the rain does not get to it. We are set for the winter, and then some.

No comments: